- The 2012-2013 New Student Orientation will be held on Monday, August 20 from 6:15pm-7:30pm at Dominion Academy. All new families are encouraged to attend this informative session to meet the DA staff and instructors, to become acquainted with DA policies and procedures, and receive other information that will make the 2012-2013 school year a success for their students. All students and families should please review & complete the annually required forms and turn in at this event.
- The 2013-2013 All School Orientation will be held on Monday, August 20 from 7:30pm-8:30pm at Dominion Academy. All DA families are encouraged to attend this session designed to assist families in preparing for the new school year. All students and families should please review & complete the annually required forms and turn in at this event.
- The DA Lost and Found is overflowing with uniform shirts, especially prep size shirts. If you think your student may have left any uniform items behind on the last day of school, please come to DA during business hours to retrieve them.
- DA Summer Hours are Monday-Thursday from 9am-3pm.
Dominion Academy Parents Association Picnic
There will be a DAPA picnic on Friday, July 20 from 6pm-8:30pm at Shellabarger Park located in Riverside off Burkhardt Rd (map). Please bring drinks, your own utensils and table service, and a covered dish to share. If you have any questions, email DAPA president Mike Brembeck at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important FACTS/Tuition Payments Information
The Bursar is beginning the invoicing process for the 2012-13 school year. If you are a FACTS payer, please note that part of your agreement with FACTS allows DA to do an automatic FACTS re-enrollment for the upcoming school year. If you are a monthly payer and paid on the 20th of the month last year, then you will be scheduled for your first FACTS payment on August 20th; and if you paid on the 5th of the month, then you will be scheduled for your first payment on September 5th. This is the default setting. If you need modifications to this schedule, please be sure to contact the Bursar at least two weeks before these dates. The Bursar will contact you by e-mail with an invoice and will ask permission to start your new school year FACTS payment schedule. However, if you will be out of touch from July 15th to August 15th, please note that payments come due according to the schedule above, and variations must be made in advance. For all other payers, annual and semester fees are due by August 30th. If you have any questions about FACTS or tuition in general, please email the bursar at email@example.com or leave a phone message with Mrs. Green at 224-8555. Thank you!
We continue to wait on the Ohio Department of Education to send out letters indicating funding approval for the DA PSEO students. We usually receive approval notices around the end of July. Please be patient and continue to follow the instructions sent to you by your chosen college for attending orientations and registering for classes.
Uniform Ordering Information
Remember to order only uniforms that have been approved for Dominion Academy wear. Items labeled “To be worn during activity classes only” are not considered approved uniform items for daily school wear. Please follow the instructions below to make sure you are buying approved items.
- Visit www.landsend.com/school and click on “Find Your School’s Dress Code”
- Enter your student and school information in the search fields (Gender, Grade/Status, School Name, City and State). Optional: Enter your student’s first name.
- Click on “Find My School” – Any matching school selections will appear on the right; select your school.
- Click “Save School” to create an account, making future shopping visits easier!
- Create or enter your account sign in details (Enter your email address and password)
- Click “Shop For This School” - Only the items approved for that student’s grade and gender will appear.
- Next Time You Shop for Uniforms: Sign in to your account and all of your uniform details are saved for faster shopping!
Contact Mrs. Green at firstname.lastname@example.org ff you have any questions about uniform ordering.
Lands’ End Uniform Specials
- Lands’ End is offering a Penny Logo and $20 off $75 sale from July 13 through July 17. More information about this special offer can be found here.
- Take an Extra 20% off all sale items for a savings of up to 70% and free shipping for orders over $50. More information on this special offer can be found here.
7th/8th Summer Reading Study Guides
All participants in the 7th/8th grade summer reading program should email their completed study guides to Mrs. Lecklider at email@example.com or send them to the attention of Brenda Lecklider c/o Dominion Academy, 925 N. Main St., Dayton, OH 45405.
If you know of any international students who might interested in attending DA for a period of up to 4 years, please email Dss. Caldwell at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. These students can be from missions organizations that you have been involved with in the past, friends who live in other counties who have expressed an interest in having their student attend a Christian school in this country, or military families who would like to have their children attend a school in the U.S.
Host Families Needed
We are in need of Christian families who are interested in hosting F-1 or J-1 students in their home. If you would like more information on hosting an exchange student, please contact Dss. Caldwell at email@example.com as soon as possible.
DA Teacher/Staff In-Service Reminder
There will be a Teacher/Staff In-Service Day on August 23 from Noon-7 pm. This is a combination in-service/staff meeting for the purposes of helping staff to come together as a cohesive entity before we begin the school year. You will be pampered with snacks, meals catered by Mrs. Green, and helpful teaching tools to start the year off with a bang. There will be awesome prizes for the winners of games. All teachers are encouraged to attend this event. If you have not already done so, please RVSP to Mrs. Green at firstname.lastname@example.org.