Dominion Academy is proud to welcome international students. Dominion Academy of Dayton is SEVIS approved and authorized to issue the I-20 for F-1 students who quality for entrance to the school. We also take J-1 students.
Dominion Academy of Dayton is an Anglican Christian school. The philosophy of the school is distinctly Christian and is Biblically based. All Dominion Academy students are required to take a Bible/Worldview class and attend Morning Assembly when applicable. Students will be living with a Christian host family and will be expected to attend church and church activities with their family.
- To start the process of applying, please contact Dss. Michelle Caldwell at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, you can reach Michelle direct at (513) 602-0499.
- Upon acceptance by ICES and Dominion Academy, the student will be notified and then Dominion Academy will a issue a Form I-20, which will be overnighted to the student.
- After receiving the Form I-20, the student must pay the SEVIS I-90 fee at www.fmjfee.com (make sure to keep all receipts).
- The student must then obtain a student visa from an embassy or consulate abroad.
- After obtaining an F-1 visa, the prospective student may apply for entry into the United States through a U.S. POE no more than 30 days prior to the program start date on the student’s Form I-20.
- The student should then make travel arrangements, being careful to review the requirements for entry into the United States found at http://www.ice.gov/sevis/students/. Students should arrive in Dayton a week before the first day of school. Travel arrangements should be communicated to the student’s host family and the Office Manager.
International students needing a host family will typically be placed with a family from our Dominion Academy community. The student will be living with a Christian family. The host family will provide food, household amenities, sleeping quarters, and transportation to and from school and school events. Students will be expected to conform to the rules established by the host family and will be expected to attend church and church activities with their family.
The ICES program fee must be paid in full before Dominion Academy will issue an I-20. Complete payment must be made before the student may begin attending classes. Students will be expected to provide transportation to and from the United States. Students will be expected to pay for such things as school trips, materials for class, gifts, clothing, travel, entertainment, etc. Host families will only be responsible to provide for housing, regular meals, and transportation to and from school and school events.
Annual tuition for J-1 and F-1 students varies. Please contact the office for details.
Other Required Forms
Students should also turn in the following forms with signatures from their host parents or natural parents at Orientation or by the first day of school.
- Foreign Exchange Student Volunteer Commitment Form
- School Directory Permission Form
- Picture Permission Form